- About Us
- Industry Sectors
- Contact Us
What we need
Game Engineering Ltd will be known as the “Controller” of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you. This does however include name, address, email, telephone number and financial information.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide goods and services, process your orders, provide you with marketing and tell you about our products and services. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide and oversee this service to you.
What do we do with it
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary:
- To enter into or perform a contract with you
- To comply with a legal duty
- To protect your vital interests
- For our own (or a third party’s) lawful interests, provided your rights don’t override these.
In any event we’ll only use your information for the purposes or purposes it was collected for.
We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify ,personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- To identify or prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our websites
- To provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
Whenever we process data for these purpose we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights at all times.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we will make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law).
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact Margaret Davie – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
Where we keep it
We are based in the UK and we store our data within the EU. Some organisations which provide services to us may transfer personal data outside of the EU, but we will only allow them to do so if your data is adequately protected.
How long we keep it
We will only use and store information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected. How long information will be stored depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing emails, we’ll stop storing your emails for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be emailed).
We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment card information. We will not retain your data for any longer than necessary and the longest time that we will hold you data will be seven years.
What we would also like to do with it
We would, however, like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via email.
What are your rights
We want to ensure that you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- The right to confirmation as to whether we have your personal data and if we do to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as a data subject access request)
- The right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use your data for a lawful reason)
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified
- The right to object to your data being used for marketing
- Where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically based on your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact Margaret Davie – email@example.com who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Get Our E-Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates
We’ve just completed a full refurbishment of a paddle blade mixer in our workshop. Watch our before and after video and get in touch if we can help you with » Read More
GAME Engineering Ltd
Witham St Hughs Business Park
Witham St Hughs, Lincoln.
LN6 9TW. ENGLAND
Tel: +44 (0)1522 868021
Fax: +44 (0)1522 868027